Kaila welcomes referrals from physicians, therapists, and other health professionals. Although the majority of clients are referred, clients may also simply contact Kaila to discuss booking an appointment.
***New clients are highly recommended to book an initial phone appointment (free), before they book a regular session. This can be done via online or telephone.
Areas of Practice:
- Certified Relationship and Sex Therapist
- Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist
Hyper-sexuality (aka sex addiction):
- Compulsive masturbation
- Excessive sexual urges/compulsions
- Excessive porn use
- Desire disorders —lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Arousal disorders —inability to become physically aroused or excited during sexual activity i.e. erectile dysfunction
- Orgasm disorders —delay or absence of orgasm (climax), premature ejaculation
- Pain disorders — pain during intercourse
- Relationship issues
- Extramarital affairs
- Intimacy and communication
- Sexual abuse trauma
- Sexual Deviance
- Sexual Psycho-education; prevention
- Experience working with all people including polyamorous groups, LGBTQ, youth and children, people convicted of sex crimes.
- Also experienced in counselling and treatment for anxiety, depression, addictions, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, trauma and other mental health concerns.
- Exposure therapy for OCD and phobias
I offer several options for service. I also believe that no one should avoid seeking support due to financial concerns. If finances are a concern please contact me directly to see if you qualify for sliding scale rates.
All prices include taxes (As of January 1st, 2019 we are required to add on GST)
- Initial Phone Consultation 15 Minutes FREE
- Initial Assessment 1 Hour / 1.5 Hours $105.00/$157.50
- Sessions 1 Hour / 1.5 hour $105.00/$157.50
- Phone Consultation 15 Minutes $30.00
***As of February 1st, 2018, the price of the 1.5 hour sessions will increase to $150.00
What each service entails:
- Initial Phone Consultation: This gives us the opportunity to connect and briefly discuss your concerns. This will give us a better idea if the services provided will be best suited to your needs, Sex Therapy or Relationship Therapy.
- Initial assessment: This is an opportunity for you to express any concerns. We complete a very thorough assessment to help clarify any presenting issues. We discuss a treatment plan and start the therapeutic process immediately.
- Sessions: Follow up sessions will be unique to each client and will follow your specific treatment plan.
- Phone Consultations: Phone consultations can be booked for various reasons. This option can be for a quick follow up, if there is no availability for a full session, if there is a minor crisis that needs to be addressed fairly quickly etc.