I have most recently been a therapist with Northern Health as part of their mental health and addictions team and at Prince George Regional Correctional Center and Prince George Youth Correctional Center, as both an Addictions and Mental Health Therapist.
I have completed 8 years of post-secondary education of which 7 were spent researching sexual issues. While completing my undergrad at UBC-O I studied both sexual deviance and sexual dysfunctions. While attending UNBC I researched hyper-sexuality (sex addiction) and eventually published a manual on the facilitation of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy groups for adults with sex addiction.
In 2013 I completed my certification in sex therapy at Guelph University where we were educated in sex after a disability, sexual dysfunctions, hyper-sexuality, and exploring fun and creative sexual techniques. We also explored different sexual lifestyles such as Polyamory.
I also have a vast amount of experience working in a Forensics setting and therefore offer support and treatment for those struggling with sexually deviant behaviours.
I have been working in Mental Health as a therapist since 2004. Beginning with adults then eventually branching out to youth and children as well. I’ve invested much of my career working with Aboriginal populations with mental health and addictions concerns.
Currently there are a limited number of practicing Sex Therapists in British Columbia with a large shortage in the North. I chose to open my practice in the North to close the gap on services for sex and relationship issues. I am available for online counselling sessions via Skype to easily connect with the many smaller communities in the North, however I do have office space in Prince George allowing me to provide face-to-face services. Sex Therapy and Relationship Therapy online, or offline, I am willing to help.
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology-UBC-O
- Masters of Education in Counselling Psychology-UNBC
- Certification in Sex Therapy-University of Guelph
Publications and Training:
- FRIENDS training for children/youth with anxiety-MCFD
- Strengthening Families Training-MCFD
- Exposure Therapy for phobias-MCFD
- Certified Instructor for Connect Parent (Attachment Focused Treatment)-Maples Adolescent Treatment Centre
- RAP Training (for dealing with challenging children/youth)- Terrace, BC
- Addictions training-UBC-O
- Suicide Prevention Training-Justice Institute of BC
- CBT certification-Vancouver, BC
- Training in Group and Family Therapy- UNBC
- Published Manual on Sex Addiction at UNBC-2014
- Violence Prevention-Northern Health
- Burnout and Compassion Fatigue training- Northern Health
- Conflict Resolution
- Member of CCPA
- Member of the Crisis Intervention Response Team (CIRT)- Prince George Regional Correctional Centre
- Trauma Training for Mental Health Professionals- Northern Health
- Certification in Hypnotherapy (cand.)